Sunday, April 19, 2009

Hana

A couple times a year, we drive up to Hana. It is such a gorgeous drive with so many waterfalls, gardens, caves, beaches, etc to explore along the way. Here are a few of our favorite stops.

Twin Falls

We actually didn't hike all the way back to twin falls. This bottom pool is the most fun one there with a perfect jumping spot and a really fun rope swing.

I actually cant believe I let Chase climb this in slippery, wet shoes. The boy had no fear and just loves to jump off of things - just like his dad!

You can't see it but this is Chase on the rope swing.

Keanae

A picture perfect little Hawaiian village with the BEST banana bread. I'm SURE it's not on the low carb diet but I had to have some. The kids opted for Shaved Ice.



Black Sand Beach

We actually didn't even go down to black sand beach. Instead we hike through the lava tubes to this freezing cold cave. The light behind Geoff and Chase is someone exploring back into the cave with a flashlight. Caden decided to brave the cave after Geoff and Chase went back in. I could not believe that he swam back into the pitch black by himself! I was so scared because I couldn't see where they all were so I was relieved to have them all come back in one piece.

The Seven Sacred Pools

The drive ends here. It was so pretty but Geoff and Chase got busted for jumping here. 
Geoff standing on top, Chase jumping


9 comments:

{jane} said...

wow! those places are all so incredibly beautiful! they seem unreal. how fun to spend the day driving around and making pit stops at all these places to swim, jump, swing, hike, and have banana bread... {wink, wink} I would have indulged too!

Becky said...

i still can't believe you guys live there! so jealous...

how fun!

Shannon said...

Chase is still "No Fear!" just like his daddy!
Crazy but totally beautiful!

I think i still hate that Drive. hahaha

Granum Family said...

Oh the banana bread.... yummy!!! i can't believe chase jumped off everything and i can't believe caden swam in that cave all by himself. We did that on our honeymoon and it's freaky! can you believe we will be out there in less than 2 weeks???? i can't!

Anonymous said...

How fun. You seriously live in paradise. I can't believe Chase and those jumps ... he is so crazy! Very proud of Caden for swimming in the black caves. Loved all the pictures. Miss you tons!

Kierstin said...

WOW!! I would be stressed having my kids do that stuff, even though I would have done it as a kid. It looks so beautiful, I haven't been there for so long. You all look so happy...and that makes me happy...but we sure miss you. Love you guys!

Kerri said...

Wow, I could handle a trip to Hawaii just about now. Maybe Kelli will pack me and my prego belly up in her suit-case! :)

Shannon said...

That all looks like a dream, what a blast. Your boys are so dang lucky! Chase is darrrring!

Lucrecia said...

I seriously can't believe how brave your boys are! Nuts! And those pictures are beautiful. I feel like I'm thumbing through a travel brochure.