Saturday, September 11, 2010

Surfing, Soccer, Skating, Surfing, Diary of a Wimpy Kid

OK - so I feel like all I blog about it surfing lately, but it is the new family passion. My boys (and Dub) already want to drop out of school so they can surf every morning and be home schooled. Oh dear - how quickly we have adopted the laissez-faire Hawaiian mentality! :)
We started the morning at 6:30 so the boys could surf for a couple hours before Caden's soccer game. I was SO proud of Chase. Usually he is intimidated by his little brother because Caden caught onto surfing immediately, but Chase charged right our this morning and caught some great waves. Geoff's mission is to turn his boys into paddle surfers - he thinks it is the wave of the future (no pun intended) and I am starting to believe him. Today, easily 75% of the surfers were paddle surfing. Anyone who has paddle boarded can probably guess how hard it must be to paddle SURF. The boys are all doing GREAT!
My little sidekick. Couple more years until he can hang with the big boys!
This might be the cutest thing EVER! Best friends catching the wave at just the right time together. Dub surfs regular foot and Caden is goofy foot so in the picture below you can tell they are both breaking to their own side of the wave. It was SO cute! And, not to be a bragger Mommy, BUT, in the picture blow, Caden is not falling - that is an aggressive bottom turn!

Go Micheal! (This one's for your dad :)

My very skinny and buff husband! Paddle boarding has totally changed his body!

Me and Mr Joe Cool!

So after a few hours of surfing, it was onto Caden and Dubs soccer game. So the field is VERY sandy but, seriously, could the field be any cooler?!
Break time - it rough! Bri's soccer team is so cute. They wear their bathing suits under their uniforms and jump in the ocean after the game.
Next, we were onto skateboarding, then dinner at Maui Tacos, and finally Diary of a Wimpy Kid on our lanai.
Just an awesome Saturday. Maui is honestly a boys paradise.

7 comments:

Granum Family said...

I can't believe how awesome they are getting at surfing! Can't wait to see them do it in a few months!!! Seriously does sound like the perfect Saturday but I think every day is the perfect day in Maui :)

Kierstin said...

Ditto to everything Kelli said!! They are looking awesome...every single one of them! It looks like the PERFECT day! Love and miss you guys!

Shannon said...

seriously those boys rock at surfing!! I love it, we will need caden to give us some lessons. I AM DYING when i see all this and were not involved!

Sounds like my kind of paradise!

Anonymous said...

Just shoot me now! Can I change lives with you ... seriously?! I am secretly hoping Russ gets laid off so we can move to Hawaii! Very cool pics of the boys. Yes, Geoff looks amazing, but Hello Jenn! You look amazing, too. Can't wait to see you (and the boys) in November!

{jane} said...

i am so proud of you all! how totally rad that you are awesome surfers!!! i love it! such a 'cool' family image!

p.s. i wanna give your blog a make-over... ;) that sound ok? i have some ideas just about to blow-up my brain if i don't do it soon...

p.s. kiana just auditioned for a paula abdul "untitled" dance show that will air in January...her center stage team got a contract for L.A.!!! we'll be there in October, no idea what it entails but we're all excited!!!

Lance and Kara Ford Family said...

Jen- What email address should I use to invite you to my blog. I don't have one for you. Pathetic. Miss you. Can I move in with you? I need some Maui and a friend.

Shauntelle said...

What a fun day! I love that second picture-the one of Crew. :)