Thursday, August 25, 2011

Oh, Gayle!

I know you've all heard the story. Here are a couple of pics. But for documentation purposes, I'll give a quick summary of the incident.
Every summer Chase flies to California, by himself, to be spoiled rotten by my mom and other family members. Well, on his very first morning there he was working on a project and needed glue. My mom's gorilla glue was hard so she thought she would heat it in the microwave real quick to soften it. When she pulled it out it exploded all over her arms (thank goodness it wasn't her face). She couldn't get the boiling glue off so it continued to burn through several layers of skin. Her neighbor rushed her to the emergency room. After a couple hours there, she was transfered to the UC Davis ICU Burn Center where she remained for the next few days. Luckily, my sister lives close and was able to get Chase. Caden and I flew to California to be with Chase and to care for my mom. Chase was scared, sad, disappointed, just a mess. It took us a couple of days to get him out of his funk, get mom home from the hospital, and to start having a little fun. But it was still great to see everyone!
I'm pleased to announce that Gayle is healing great and will have minimal scaring!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

oh gayle! geesh, what a disaster that was. i was so stressed. it actually looks so much better than what i had imagined. i love her!!

next year i vote boston and chase together at grandma's! that will teach her! haha

Kierstin said...

I am so sorry that happened, that is so scary! I am so glad that she is healing so well, she is such a trooper!

Shauntelle said...

We're so sorry that happened, but glad to hear she's healing well! That's nice you were able to come out and help her.