Sunday, June 10, 2007

Lake Powell





To make a really long story short, we had the most unconventional Lake Powell trip ever. Our super nice houseboat was broke for like half the trip and the last few days of the trip were ruined by hurricane-like winds and a broked water pump on the houseboat, which means no doing dishes, laundry, or flushing the toilets. Nice, huh?! However, we enjoyed a few super nice days in the middle and we are always grateful to be with family and friends, no matter what the conditions! I realized that I took NO pictures of the whole trip! The first few days were so much fun with the Taylors, Edwards, Carsons, Mortons, and Rhodes. So many kids and they all had a blast! The nights were rough with no power but we had great company. The last part of the trip we were there with just the Taylors and it was a totally different kind of fun. More time to relax and concentrate on teaching our kids some new things. Which brings me to my favorite part of the trip - watching Chase and Boston learn how to ride stand-up Jet Skis! I was really nervous at first that they would really get hurt on them but both boys proved to be naturals. They ripped through the bouy course and already are smoother and take better lines through the turns than Shannon or I! The boys also loved fishing, catching lizards, knee-boarding, surfing, and water-skiing. Wakeboarding still eludes both my boys, though Boston got it this year. Oh well, maybe next time! It certainly is a busy trip, I am not even fully unpacked yet. Now I need a real vacation - anybody ready for Vegas or Hawaii? I need to be pampered!

5 comments:

Granum Family said...

Still looks like fun even with all the problems! We're ready for Vegas and Hawaii :)

Shannon said...

I am ready for a Couples only Trip! haha
I am in serious need for a MASSAGE...Especially my Neck!
I LOVE my lizard pictures that i took of the boys...So funny!!!!

becky said...

looks like you guys had so much fun!

so glad that all three of you are back to blogging, i was getting lonely!

Jane said...

I appreciate all the work that you put into your "vacation". I know what you mean about needing a vacation now, without kids! Looks like you had some fun though! Your kids look so cute.

Lance and Kara Ford Family said...

I didn't realize your trip was that eventful... sheesh! Lance and I will be in Maui July 5-10. Come play