Sunday, September 28, 2008

My Baby Turns 9!

How did this happen? My little baby turned 9 and I realized that my life with him living at home with his momma is half over! Time just goes by so fast. I love this kid SO much! He is so spunky and fun, almost always happy, and has a heart of gold. He treasures his family and friends and is always so open with his emotions and affection. Happy Birthday, Baby Cakes!

He wanted a football party this year (he's pretty sure he'll be a professional someday, for the 49ers, he's just not sure what position yet!). We had a blast playing games, having competions, etc with all his friends.
Myla, Boston, and Chase decorating a 20 foot sign. The kids later ripped through this when we started the football game!

Prizes and Party Favors

Cake

Chase is always just so crazy and animated. Most people get embarrassed when people sing to them - NOT Chase!

The football game! I had to remind Geoff, Bryan, Brett, and Cory that they were supossed to be coaching. It seemed to me that they were involved in many of the plays!
The winners of the competions:
Dub - punt (yes, he is just barely 6)
Boston - receiving
Callie - running
Chase - quarterback
Brogan - MVP of the game

Honorary Winners
Caden - CoMVP
Myla - Tough As Nails (she got rocked in the head, had a huge bump, and didn't even cry or complain!)

All His Friends

Crew and Makenzie

Chase was lucky enough to have all the Granums out here for his birthday. Here's a few of them at his football game. He said he had the best birthday ever and thanked me over and over again. Isn't he a sweetheart!

11 comments:

{jane} said...

happy Birthday, Chasers!

That looks like the coolest - most fun & crazy football party EVER! Way to go Jenn, very very cute! And how fun & special to have all the Granum's in town - I bet it was an incredible weekend!

*Myla's head has already healed...she never mentioned it again!

Shannon said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHASER!!
That was seriously such a beautiful day for a Fun Football Party!
Oh and i love the picture of Chase spazzin' out while they were singing Happy birthday...Totally Chase!!

becky said...

happy birthday chase!

what a fun day and it looks like all the kids were having a blast!

Shannon said...

Thanks for the invite, Cal had such a great time, Happy Bday Chase buddy!! (You are amazing Jen, good job on the party.)

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous party! Love the prizes and favors. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHASE! Looks like everyone had a blast. Love you!

Kierstin said...

Such a great birthday party-you did an awesome job Jenn-you always do! Happy Birthday Chase!! Love you!

Susan said...

Jen, could you seriously have a cuter family...I think not!!!
So happy to see the birthday party was a hit !! You will need to check out my blog you will be so proud !!! :)
loves
sus-

Sara said...

What a fun party! I am going to have to save your FAB ideas for future use... I am sure with 4 boys, we will have a Football Birthday SOME year for SOMEone's special day! :)

Lucrecia said...

Oh my gosh Jen! I think you are my hero! This party looks like every boys dream. You are such the funnest Mom!

Granum Family said...

So fun to be there with all of you!!!! Happy Birthday Chasers!

Anonymous said...

I saw your blog through Lu Hale's... hope you don't mind. My little guy is turning the big 9 in November and he too wants a FOOTBALL party... I am wondering where you found the 'football candy machines' the ones that are clear on the top portion and look like a gum ball machine...
Thanks~Looks like it was a great success.