Thursday, November 19, 2009

Girls Trip / Boys Trip / Oahu

Last week I did something I never thought would happen, I left my four boys and travelled alone to see my family in California. It was only for 4 days but it was a blast. My mom recently had back surgery and was in some need of cheering up. I definitely think my surprise trip did the trick. My mom, Ali and I packed a lot into our 3 days together - shopping, lunches, Bunco, pedicure, a movie, sleepover with Brennen, etc. Unfortunately, we were having so much fun that I only got one picture of the whole trip! But it was a much needed one. This family picture is the first one since my wedding 15 years ago!

Geoff did fabulous with the boys! I just about passed out when he volunteered to watch them all! Crew was so excited for his boys trip. Geoff took him to the aquarium, miniature golf, the new Scrooge movie, swinging bridges hike, dinner, etc. I was so impressed! They had a great time.



We met in Oahu on Friday. My flight was scheduled to stop there and Geoff had some work to do. Geoff mainly worked but we took a little time to visit the Honolulu Zoo (in the POURING rain - it was SO cool. We were the only ones braving the rain and the animals were totaling interacting with us). We also stopped by Pearl Harbor on our way to the airport.




6 comments:

becky said...

pretty impressive when the husband takes more pictures on his trip....

looks like a lot of fun for you to be in california and so cute that you had a sleepover with brennen!

Shauntelle said...

That's cool that you got to go visit family, Jenn. Nice to have that family picture too! That's nice of Geoff to watch them all. Looks like they had a great time.

Kierstin said...

I love your family picture...you all look so good! Tell Ali she looks awesome! Sounds like Geoff and the boys stayed busy and had so much fun. That is so nice you were able to spend time with your family-sounds like a great trip! I love all the pictures Geoff took...the one of him and Crew in the shark tank is really cool!!

Shannon said...

I am still shocked that Geoff has more pictures of the trip than you! Haha Way to go Geoffrey!

How fun to be with your mom and sister with NO kids!

I love that you went to the zoo in the rain. That would be so fun!

Granum Family said...

So fun and you so deserved a trip alone! Glad that you had fun with your family and I love the picture of the 4 of you. And way to go Geoff on being fun daddy and taking pictures!

{jane} said...

Geoff has seriously evolved!!! Not so long ago I believe he would NOT have volunteered for such a thing! Big hugs geoffrey, I am so impressed!!! You've come a long way!

And jenn, love your family pic, what an awesome trip for you! I hope your mom is healing quickly, and I'm positive your trip cheered her up!