Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween

We've had a fun few days with pumpkin carving, class parties, fall family fun night, haunted houses, and trick-or-treating.
This year Chase gutted, designed, carved, etc his entire pumpkin by himself. It is very hard for me to justsit back and not fix it or make suggestions, but he was so excited to do everything solo! Crew had the cutest Mr Potato Head-like pieces from Grandma Gayle for his pumpkins. He had so much fun with them.

For school, Chase was a hip-hop gangster and Caden was Beckham. It wasn't until I showed up to do class parties in the afternoon that I found out that they weren't supposed to dress up for school. Oops! I asked Chase if he was embarrassed and he responded "are you kidding me? I would choose to dress like this. I look like a pimp!" ...... oh dear.
Caden was a darling Beckham with tatooed arms and all.
In Caden's class we made carmel apples and I made Witches Brew for them. They were so excited for the brew and drank every last drop!

I made Jack-O-Lantern tortillas with Chase's class and quickly learned that they are SO not too old for parties. They were so excited and appreciative, I can't wait to do another party for his class. They just loved it!
Halloween Night. I missed my girlfriends and all the traditions of the holiday but we had such a fun night. Pictures by the beach, dinner at Longhis, trick-or-treating, ..... It is so fun to make new traditions and explore new things. We LOVED the warmth of the evening and walking with the kids as they ran from house to house.









5 comments:

Granum Family said...

Okay I'm dying at how Chase looks in every picture. You can just tell that he thinks he looks so good :) Love it! Such cute pictures and glad you guys had a fun Halloween night. Oh and I'm sure the classes must have just LOVED you!!!

Shannon said...

I love the costumes!! Great pictures and on the beach. That does sound fun! We missed you here. Chase and Boston would have LOVED being gangters together. Glad you found some tattoo arms Caden looked awesome!

Kierstin said...

How fun!! That is so funny they went dressed up to school and they weren't supposed to...I love what Chase said, he is so funny! The pumpkins turned out so great, I have never seem the potato head kits at stores, but I have always wanted one from seeing them on other people's pumpkins. I am glad you had a good Halloween...it sounds wonderful. Crew looks so cute in his costume and Chase and Caden look so handsome. Miss you guys. And yes, Bentley was a hot dog :) (I responded to you on my blog before I came over here...I am so excited you already had your Halloween post up.) We miss you guys! And I am attempting to write a novel here...sorry :)

{jane} said...

i love the pictures by the beach! so cute, especially chase's, he looks so grown-up!

ok, i'm totally laughing that the kids weren't supposed to dress-up for school and yours did! ha! i love it, lesson learned, and at least they got away with it once!

you are such a fantastic momma when it comes to class parties, cute ideas!

...and i'll just add, my annual party was NOT the same without the granums. you were greatly missed. hugs. i don't think anyone else appreciates it and looks forward to it quite the way you have my convinced you do.

miss.

AND..i love the "night owl" owl as my motto comment...you can be clever sometimes, jenn granum.

Shauntelle said...

Oh Chase. :) They all look so cute. We miss you guys!