Monday, February 15, 2010

How Did I Get So Lucky?

My four Valentines ..... how did I get so lucky?
Oh how I love my boys. We had such a fun Valentines Day. After church we hiked Twin Falls.
It was a perfect day. Not too many people, great weather.
Chase on a rope swing. I should have videoed this so you could see how far out he swings!

To get to the rope swing, you have to jump off this. Caden was nervous at first but ended up doing it. He gets scared, not of the jump, but of the cold water below! And it IS cold!

The second falls you hike to is Twin Falls. Usually you can jump off the falls but the water wasn't deep enough so Geoff wouldn't let Chase try. We had a great Bear Grills moment where we taught the boys how to test the depth of the water with big sticks and how you can drink water that leaks through the lava rock BEHIND waterfalls. It is much purer than the water in the waterfall and ponds.
Behind Twin Falls



After our hike, we walked down to the Grand Wailea because we heard Bon Jovi was giving a private concert for a software group that had rented out the whole hotel! For those of you who know the hotel, we sat on the ledge on the hot tub above the cave and Bon Jovi played on the big grass area. We had PERFECT seats! We could see and hear everything while our kids played in the hot tub. Coolest concert EVER! Bon Jovi is incredible live. Such a great voice! The concert ended with a 10 minute firework show on the beach. Such a cool night and it was all free!

6 comments:

{jane} said...

Jenn! What an awesome valentine's day! I know your four valentine's adore you too! How incredibly cool to see Bon jovi while hot tubbin' - you have a good life ;)

Granum Family said...

perfect, perfect day! we've seen bon jovi in concert and he really is amazing live. but sitting at the grand wailea, with views of the ocean and having it be free sounds a lot more fun :)

Shauntelle said...

That sounds like a pretty unique Bon Jovi concert experience! How fun. Glad you had a good Valentine's.

Lucrecia said...

How DID you get so lucky? That sounds like ana amazing day. And your pretty dang lucky to have those 4 Valentine's too!

Shannon said...

Gorgeous pictures and of course beautiful surroundings!
Did crew sit there the whole time watching all of you guys? that looks so incredible!

I can picture you guys in the hot tub enjoying your free Bon Jovi! I LOVE him!!! I still can't believe they rented that whole Hotel out!! CRAZY!

Happy Valentines!! i still have crews valentines sitting here on my counter... my kids keep asking me when they can give it to him. haha

Kierstin said...

Perfect day! SO cool!! I love that you got to watch Bon Jovi from the hot tub and that you got to top it off with a fireworks show...so cool!