Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Adam Sandler - The Best Actor of Our Generation!

OK - I'm going to try to set up this story without writing a book.

First, Adam Sandler, Jennifer Aniston, and Brooklyn Decker are all in town for the next 5 weeks filming a movie. Most of the shots are taking place at the Grand Wailea hotel. We are having a blast watching all the film crew, paparazzi, and trying to spot celebrities. Today, after the boys got out of school, I took them to watch the filming. I totally pulled a crazy stage mom moment and told my kids they could walk across the lobby while they were filming. At best, they will be a spec in the background of the background. It is amazing to me at how much preparation goes into filming something that will eventually take up about 1 minute of the movie. Seriously, no less than 8 hours of rehearsal and set up for just 1 minute!

Anyway, after about an hour of stalking the movie, we got bored and started to walk home. On our way out of the hotel we walked right by Adam Sandler who was meeting with the director. Chase shocked me by saying "Hey Adam! What's up?" Shocking me even further, Adam stopped what he was doing and took the time to have a conversation with Chase! He was SO, SO, SO cool to him. They talked about 50 First Dates (Chases's favorite Sandler movie), our living in Hawaii (which Adam thought was really cool), and filming. I think I just stood there in shock that Adam took the time while filming to make Chase feel special and cool. He ended by telling me what a beautiful family I had and said goodbye to all the boys. It absolutely made our day! I love Adam!

So tonight at dinner, Chase was still glowing and said "I can't believe I talked to the Greatest actor of our generation!" That may be just a little bit of a stretch. ;) Still, Adam earned BIG points with me today!

8 comments:

{jane} said...

THAT is awesome jenn! i looove adam too! dude, Chase is so lucky, how fun, and how cool of Adam to be so social! So, when Jennifer Anniston starts showing up around the Wailea, it might be time for me to come visit maui again!

{{{hugs}}} to you all, i've really missed you lately!

Anonymous said...

That is so cool. Who knows, maybe one day the boys will be acting right alongside of Adam! I agree, you DO have a beautiful family.

Shannon said...

i love that he got to chat with him. Adam sandler is seriously so awesome and such a real guy!

Way to go chaser on being outgoing!!

Granum Family said...

So cool!!!! So Chase won't say hi to a 10 year old girl on our cruise ship but Adam Sandler is no big deal???? Maybe he'll ask you guys to be in the movie next time if you run into him again! And I'm still laughing that he said "The best actor of our generation!"

Shauntelle said...

That is SO cool he talked to you guys! Even a "hey" from him would have been cool. That's so awesome that Chase made the first move. That's a good point though, Kelli. He wouldn't even say hi to milkshake. :) I guess girls have a different effect on him. :)

Kierstin said...

That is SO cool!!!! I LOVE that Chase said "hi" to him, Chase is so great-way to go buddy!! Adam is great- that is awesome that he took the time to talk to you guys, what a great guy! I am excited to hear more about all you get to see while they are there, that is so cool!

becky said...

how cool is that!!!! what a grea memory for the kids. i love that chase did that!

Lucrecia said...

Wow, that might be one of the coolest stories I've heard in a long time! Soooo fun! Good job Chase :)