Monday, July 30, 2007

NO on Simpsons!


So I qualify for the WORST PARENT OF THE YEAR award! We had a totally fun day to begin with; skate park, pool, playing with friends, dinner at a neighbors house, Chase taught a lesson on Adam for Family Home Evening, and that's where the cute day ended. We then went to see the Simpsons. Now I know the Simpsons humor can be questionable but my kids really wanted to see it and I foolishly let them without researching it. The movie was not only questionable, it was totally inappropriate!
I should have guessed that from the PG13 rating I didn't pay attention to. Needless to say we had to have a second Family Home Evening on innapropriate media and how we should avoid and leave if we are ever in the situation again. So in trying to make restitution for exposing my kids to that movie I will warn all parents to NOT let your kids see it. NOT a cute cartoon movie!

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Hey don't we learn things the Hard way! I am glad we didn't see it!
Let's just call it a Great Learning Experience for the Kids! haha

Granum Family said...

There are sooo many kids that are seeing this movie and it's sad that they didn't make it more appropriate. At least you made up for it by having another Family Home Evening lesson :)

jt said...

Thanks for the warning, jenn!

Kierstin said...

That is funny seeing as how neither of our mom's let us watch the Simpson's growing up! They knew what they were talking about! I still am too afraid to watch Simpson's and Married with Children because my mom was so against us watching both of thoses shows...I am still obeying her :-) I am sorry that it wasn't a good one for the kids...but it looks like you were able to turn it into a good learning experience!

Heather said...

Good to know. I didn't want to see it, but I know all my brothers are obsessed with the Simpsons. To answer your question, no, he lives--but it's going to be a great movie!

becky said...

too bad that it wasn't good. i've never been able to see why people like those characters. thanks for warning us!