Thursday, September 27, 2007

Birthday Bonanza!



Happy 8th Birthday, Chase! We are in the middle of what we'll refer to as "Chase's Birthday Bonanza"! It all started yesterday at Jump On It with his party of 34 friends - his whole class, whole soccer team, and all the neighborhood friends! It was a BLAST but very hectic! We went straight to scouts after the party where Chase earned his Tiger Cub Badge and moved onto become a Wolf. Then his friend from school, Brogan had a sleep over. Today, his actual birthday, I woke up extra early to make him crepes with sparklers. As much as he enjoyed that, the highlight of his morning was when his daddy drove him and Brogan to school in the Ferrari! Then I brought him a Happy Meal to school and even made sure he got the right prize he has been looking for, only to find out later that he gave his prize to one of his girlfriends (he's such a ladies man). Then I picked up his best friend Boston from his school and we brought in two huge cookies for his class. After school I took him to the skate park so he could "train for the X games" and then it was time to come home for presents! I'm exhausted, my house is a mess but Chase is still having a blast playing with all his new toys. The night is still not done - we're going to Janes in about an hour. Tomorrow I have a little time to clean and then our whole family is coming into town for Chase's baptism on Saturday! Phew - this week is one for the books. I hope Chase will always remember it. He is such a special little boy and we are so blessed to have him. Most people know that he's crazy but he also has this incredibly sweet, sensitive side to him as well. I love him so much! That's probably why
I spoil him rotten!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Are you going to be sleeping through the baptism? I don't know how you do it. But, it sounds like it was well worth it. You can see on his face that Chase absolutely loves the attention! Sounds like a perfect birthday week!

Granum Family said...

I don't think Chase could be any more spoiled but he deserves it :) He's so sweet! You are such a good mom and make birthdays so much fun and memorable. He must have been stoked to have Geoff take him to school in the ferrari. Can't wait to see you guys in the morning!

Shannon said...

I love seeing his sweet, ladies man side! I love how he can seriously turn into a totally different kid when the girls are around....Just like his Daddy haha
Happy birthday Chaser, we love you tons! I can't wait for the Big day tomorrow. This is definitley a Birthday for him to always remember!

Kierstin said...

Happy Birthday Bud! Jenn that party looks awesome, I can imagine how fun that must have been-sorry we were sick :-( the kids woule have LOVED it!! Can't wait for the special day tomorrow!! Love you guys!

Daphne said...

So much fun! What a great mom you are! Congrats on getting baptized, Chase!