Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Aloha Again!

Last weekend, we just couldn't believe that we didn't plan anything for Presidents Week, so we packed up and took off to Hawaii. We seriously had one of our best trips ever! The weather was absolutely perfect everyday, the surf was up at our beach (= great skimboarding and body surfing) we took the best hike, we saw sea turtles and whales right off the shore - everything was just awesome! For some reason, not all of my pictures downloaded, but here are a few favorites of our hike.

The gorgeous valley we hike up - 2 miles up and 2 miles down.

We had to cross over 2 suspension bridges. Looking back, I can't believe I let Caden cross - they were about 20 feet up with huge boulder rocks beneath! The boys were in heaven though. They thought they were in an Indiana Jones movie!

Geoff was such a trooper. He carried Crew the WHOLE time! Not that the little stinker even wanted me - he is obsessed with his daddy lately!

We crossed through a couple bamboo forests. The kids found some dried bamboo that doubled as hiking sticks and Kung Fu weapons.

One of the creeks we crossed. There was a huge swimming hole at the top with cliffs to jump in from.

8 comments:

becky said...

how awesome. so jealous right now that you just up and went! looks like a lot of fun...

Sara said...

Oh, MAN! I HATE those weeks when there is nothing going on and you have to go to Hawaii! Sheesh! :)

Looks like it was BEAUTiful (as always) and that you had a great time! So fun to have an adventurous crew of little dudes to hang with! :)

Granum Family said...

We definitely need to do that hike next time we're there, it looks awesome! Everything sounds amazing, I'm dying to go back! Thanks for calling last night, Bryan was gone so I was soooo bored! Glad you guys are home safe!

Shannon said...

That hike sounds so fun!! Beautiful Landscaping....I still can't believe Geoff took Crew on that rickety little Bridge...Scary!!!
Great Pictures... I can't wait for SPRING BREAK!!!

Anonymous said...

You will have to show us next time we go where that hike is. My boys would love tromping through the jungle! Glad you had such a nice family trip and that everything went smoothly. Most of all, I am glad you are all feeling better. There's nothing like a good bake in the sun to cure what ails you!

Lance and Kara Ford Family said...

Hey thanks for visiting us. You know it would have been a whole 30 minute flight. just kidding. I'm sure you had enough to do and were busy. I know we're crazy for changing his name, I'm just tired of EVERYBODY calling him Rick. I hate it! And Ricks doesn't really fit him. We also like Bode. Do you like? P.S. tell Kelli that she needs to add me to her friends. She went private and I want to see her blog

{jane} said...

Wow, that all looks so amazing. I'm just blown away that you can take that hike right out your back door. And those bridges are so cool,I can just imagine all your boys being in heaven there. I'm dying to do this with my kids right now.

Kierstin said...

Gorgeous pictures! I can't believe that you went back again so soon, okay well since it is you guys I can believe it :-) glad that you had such a wonderful time! Crew looks so big!