Friday, February 1, 2008

100th Day of School!

We had a big party today at the boys school for the 100th Day of School! As per my mom's suggestion, I did a 100th Day Olympics. It was SO fun! Every event had something to do with 100 (100 yard dash, 100 hops, 100 bounce passes, 100 ball parachute toss, etc...) As you can probably guess the 100 ball parachute toss was the favorite! After they had finished all the events (each child had an Olympic Event sheet with stickers for passing each event) I gave them all medals and treats (100 calorie cookie bags and Juice). Their teachers did all sorts of other fun games with them throughout the day. Chase's class made trail mix with 100 different items and a bunch of other graphing, sorting, etc activities. Caden's class made 100 word books, had to read 100 words, and had a story (I wish I could remember the name - Chicken Stew?) about a wolf that fattens up this chicken he wants to eat by feeding it 100 different things. Then their teacher made them pancakes in class and they ate 100+ pancakes (collectively, of course). As if all of that wasn't fun enough, their principal bought 5 sleds for the kids and they made a sledding hill on the property and the kids all got to sled during their lunch break. What a great day for the boys. We brought home a few extra friends home with us from school so the party is still going on. I think I need a 100 minute nap after all this!



6 comments:

GaZe UpOn A sTaR's LiFe said...

Those are the cutest "100 days of school" activities I have ever heard of, way to go Jen!

{jane} said...

that last one was from me - Jane. I since realized Starlee was signed in on our home computer, so hard to keep track of with so many bloggers on this computer!

Shannon said...

I love that idea! So CUTE! Way to go on being an over achiever mother! I love it!!!

Granum Family said...

What a fun day for them! Such a cute idea!

Kierstin said...

Looks like so much fun! You are so good at planning awesome activities!!

Anonymous said...

What great ideas! I will have to file them away for next year. We had our 100th day last Monday, but I have been too wraped up in the boys' stuff to help out at school. Glad the boys had so much fun!