Thursday, May 22, 2008

Caden's Birthday!

I can't believe my baby turned 6 today! We have had an incredibly busy day - celebration at school, birthday party after school, premiere of Indiana Jones tonight! Caden is so worth all the effort to make today special. He is such a good kid - here are 6 things I just LOVE about him.

1. His Dimples

He had the cutest dimples. They have been there since the moment he was born!

2. He is So Coordinated And Good At All Sports

I just love to watch him play and try to keep up with all the big boys. He actually does really good for his age and size!

3. He Is A Momma's Boy

He loves his whole family but really is just a momma's boy through and through - more than either one of my other kids.

4. He Would Give The World Away

He really doesn't care about material possessions and would give any of his things away. Chase now owns half of Caden's toys, Caden gave his friend Dub his electric guitar, and he has tried to give Boston his PSP! He is so generous and just wants to make people happy!

5. He has NEVER Said Anything Mean To Me

This is really amazing. Not even when we are arguing or anything. He just gets sad and looks at me with his precious eyes. He will never say anything mean back to me. He does to other people, but never to his mommy!

6. He Is So Darn Cute

I can never stay upset with him for very long cause he is just so darn cute! I just look at him and smile.

I can remember going in to the hospital to have him and being so nervous that I wouldn't love him as much as I loved Chase. Those fears vanished to second I had him. We have had a special bond always - he is my love! Happy Birthday, Sweetheart!

I had a super fun Indiana Jones Party planned for him with zip lines and an obstacle course in our yard, but we got rained out. Sometimes you just have to roll with the punches, so I set up a bounce house and movie in our Church building instead. Not how I had imagined his party but it was fun nonetheless!
Popcorn stand for the movie (I got the So cute popcorn boxes at Blockbuster - a last minute find!)
His Cake.

Some of his friends!
The whole group!
What a fun day! Thanks to all my friends who helped to clean up and make it fun!

8 comments:

becky said...

happy birthday caden! what a great kid...he is always so sweet!

you always have the cutest ideas, how fun!

Lacey Bean said...

Wow, what an awesome party. You go full out. You are such a dang cute mom. I bet they were all in Heaven. Happy Birthday Caden. He is so cute.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CADEN! Sorry you had to totally rearrange his party, but it looks like it was a really good turn out and sounds like everyone had a blast. I loved reading about all the special Caden things. I agree, he is just so sweet and wants to please everyone. I love you, precious boy!

Shannon said...

That was a totally fun party! I love how you can plan 3 parties in one week and they are all AMAZING!!

Caden is seriously the cutest little thing, he always has been so sweet {Except for when Crew was born. hehe}
I love how he could care less about anything toy wise, & yes he would give you his most expensive toys, like it's no big deal!
Happy birthday caden! We love you!

jt said...

Your back up plan was awesome! Good job Jenn! Happy Birthday Caden! I can still remember him peeing in the breeze on your lap at Pineview lake when he was so little.

Heather said...

Happy birthday, Beans! Sorry we couldn't make it to the party. My boys did talk about their "triplet" birthday though. We need to get them together to play again!

Sara said...

What a BUMMER that your big party plans got rained out... DANG! But that sweet Cade smile, complete with those darling dimples, tells me HE had a grat time and didn't mind a bit! :)

{jane} said...

Caden is such a handsome little guy! I love those dimples too! Your party was a big success, my kids had an incredible time!