Tuesday, May 27, 2008

We just got back from visiting my precious new niece, Makenzie! She is so darling and so sweet! We thought she was going to be fiesty because she had a rough first few days, but she really is a good baby now! Everyone asks who she looks like and I think she is a really good mix. Definitely Kelli's body (tall and skinny) and more of Bryan's face. when she is asleep I think she looks ALOT like Bryan, but when she is awake I can see Kelli in her, too (the eyes). She looks tan now (a little jaundice) but I think she will be very fair. Her hair and eyebrows are really light - think Caden light. And I can already see a lot of blue color in her eyes so I'm pretty sure her eyes will stay either blue or a light hazel. Anyway, she is just gorgeous!

Tired cousins!

I could waste a whole day just cuddling and smelling a newborn baby!

Look at all that gorgeous blond hair! She has much more in the back than in the front.

One of the few pictures of her stretching her long legs. Usually she keeps them curled up against her tummy.

Crew loves the baby. He loved to hold her and give her kisses!

Kelli was so brave and actually ventured out to Central Park for a few hours. Kelli is such a natural and confident mother. I always knew she would be. And Bryan is a lot more relaxed around Makenzie than I thought he would be. He will be an awesome dad! She is one lucky little girl.

The Top of The Rock (Rockefeller Center). The boys also went to a Yankees game, we all did a little shopping, ate at Patsy's, Sarabeths, and Milk and Cookies, walked Central Park, and went to the Natural History Museum. The weather was absolutely perfect. There is so much to do in New York. I always wish we had more time there!

View from the Top of the Rock. Central Park is my absolute favorite thing about New York. I could spend days there!

Thanks for the wonderful trip Bryan and Kelli. We miss you already and can't wait to see you again!

Visit Kierstin's site to see what my big boys did while we were gone. They had a blast! They are going to think I'm so boring now! Thanks SO much Kierstin and Brent!

11 comments:

Shannon said...

She is beautiful!! I think she totally looks like Bryan in those pictures. So Cute, it gets me so excited to have my little girl!

Great Pictures too, i am so craving Patsy's and Rosa Mexicana's Guacamole!
Glad your home, are you ready to leave again?!

Shannon said...

P.S Your hair looks GORGEOUS!!!

becky said...

yea! so glad you posted these! she is adorable and i can't wait to meet her...

Heather said...

I was wondering about that beautiful baby. Ever since her mom's blog went private I haven't been able to see the progress. She is gorgeous! What great parents they will make. I only know Kelli from Shannon and the nice things I always hear about her. I would love to actually meet her one day!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby girl! They all look so good ... not sleep deprived at all. Is Makenzie sleeping well? Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Glad you got to go to their fav place ... Milk and Cookies! I couldn't believe the picture of Crew and Makenzie (awake) ... Crew looks so much like Chase at that age!

Kierstin said...

I am so glad that you were able to go and see her, she is so precious! I cannot wait to hold her and see her. Bryan and Kelli look great. We loved having your boys and we are missing them!

Kerri said...

Jen, I am blog stalking! :) I loved seeing all the pics of Makenzie, I am so jealous you all got to go see her. Could she be any cuter?!?

I know it meant so much to Kelli that you guys came out to visit. She absolutely loves you guys!!

Sara said...

What a sweetie! And a GIRL looks good on you... good thing you have darling neices! :)

Granum Family said...

Thanks so much for coming!!! Kenzie misses you guys!!!

{jane} said...

What a perfect weekend - Mackenzie is adorable!

Shannon said...

i just want to know does Crew Hit Kenzie?! hahaha