Saturday, August 18, 2007

Sleep?over



Whoever coined the phrase "sleepover" had it all wrong. "Spend the night" is a much more appropriate term. On Thursday we had a great day with the Mortons and Taylors, biking, swimming, and then "spending the night" at our house. The kids played games and watched Indiana Jones with popcorn and Mike and Ikes. Maybe that was the problem, but I didn't let them have too much candy. They all slept in the game room and let's just say that at 1:45 when I was up to feed Crew, I could still hear little feet running around upstairs. I think the last of them finally dozed off at about 2:00. They were all very well behaved and I would have them all here again! I love that my kids get to grow up with their best friends in the neighborhood. It is so much fun. I, however, am suffering the consequences of trying to juggle all the fun stuff with my older boys, while still staying up at night with Crew. Two nights ago I ran into a door casing in the middle of the night going to feed Crew (I have a big bruise on my head) and today I forgot about Chase's last indoor soccer game (he was SO mad at me - he gave me a 15 minute time out in the basement!). I really need to get more sleep. Hopefully someday soon......

5 comments:

Shannon said...

We missed chase at the Soccer game, it was such a GOOD game! We were up 3 points and then the game ended in a tie 6/6!
We needed him!
How was that time out in the Basement?! haha
Thanks again for the Sleepover, sounded super fun.

Granum Family said...

How fun for you to have all the boys over! How's your head??? Ouch!

Kierstin said...

Sorry about your head! That sounds like something I would do! I love sleepovers-they are so much fun for the kids!!

becky said...

you are hilarious! yes...you need more sleep!

Lance and Kara Ford Family said...

oh childhood sleepovers... What it would be like to be a kid again.. Sorry about your head. You gotta watch our for those door frames they'll jump out and get ya, especially at 3 in the morning. Miss you guys!