Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A Time For Giving....




Yesterday was such a busy but fun day. First, I had a party for both of my boys school classes. I set up a 3D movie theater in their auditorium. It was Santa VS the Snowman 3D. For any of you with kids, find this at an IMax theater near you. It is awesome! I made treat boxes for everyone with popcorn and Nerds ropes. Then everyone got wither a Snowman or Santa cup with soda. The kids were SO excited and absolutely LOVED the movie. As you can imagine, it was crazy setting up the movie, handing out treats, and getting everyones 3D glasses to fit, all while trying to keep and eye on Crew. So that explains why I have no pictures of this.
Then, last night, we went to Salt Lake with the Mortons. We visited 2 homeless shelters, one in Midvale and one is Salt Lake. We dropped off toys (Chase donated some of his own, brand new toys that he saved from his birthday) blankets, bedding, etc. It was sad to hear of the families (67 in Midvale, 31 in Salt Lake) and all of the single adults (5oo in Salt Lake alone) who were at the shelters. There was a long line of people waiting outside the Salt Lake shelter. The volunteers said that they were waiting to be bussed down to the Midvale shelter but fortunately everyone would be able to sleep inside somewhere for the night. Thank goodness cause it was freezing. After dropping off out donations we went to the temple, We ate at the Lion House Pantry (a restaurant in Brigham Youngs old house), walked the temple grounds, and then saw the Joseph movie. It was a great night and a great learning experience for all of us.
(Not sure WHAT is wrong with my computer - I can't download ANY pictures! Frustrating!)

6 comments:

Granum Family said...

The movie sounds AWESOME!!! You are definitely the favorite mom in their classes I'm sure! And what a neat thing for you guys to do last night. It doesn't surprise me that Chase donated some of his own toys, he really is so sweet! I'm sure everyone there is so grateful for what you guys did.

Myla Rhodes said...

what an amazing day for your family, super mom! You are going to be so happy to be back in Hawaii after you have completely worn yourself out being home...!

The homeless shelter had to be a great experience for your kids - I should have met you guys downtown somewhere, I was just hanging out while Kiana was at Rehearsal...

Myla Rhodes said...

Obviously, this is not Myla... I just realized I'm signed in under her blog, geez, so much to check when 3 people in one house have blogs!

Lance and Kara Ford Family said...

Sorry Jenn you probably can't download any pictures cause I broke your computer 2 years ago.... remember that? You've got to figure that out cause I want to see pictures. You're such a good mom. Those kids will always remember the neat opportunities they've been given to help people. Those are the things I remember most about growing up and Christmas time is all the families and people we were able to help I don't think I could even tell you about any presents I got. Good job for giving your kids that experience. They will remember that forever

Anonymous said...

What an amazing experience for you and the kids. I agree with everyone else ... you are an awesome mom. This is definitely what you were born to do. No wonder your kids are so thoughtful and generous. I love you!

Kierstin said...

What a great night! And what amazing and special experiences for everyone. Chase is a stud and a sweetheart, all of your boys are!