Sunday, June 8, 2008

Lake Powell

We have survived another year of Lake Powell! I definitely have a love/hate relationship with Lake Powell. I love boating, quality time with friends and family, campfires, surfing, wakeboarding, jet skiing, watching my kids learn all these sports, gorgeous scenery, being outside, great weather, etc..... But I hate packing, setting up camp, traveling, never feeling totally clean, never getting a great night's sleep, blowing up and managing WAY too may toys, worrying about my kids (Crew drowning, someone getting bit by a rattlesnake - seriously - how would you get to the hospital fast enough?, Crew or Hayes really hurting eachother in one of their scuffles, Chase and Boston hurting eachother as they rip by one another on their jet skis, etc, etc, etc) Most of the hate list will disappear in time as my kids continue to get older. But for now, I still consider Lake Powell and experience and not a vacation. At least we got to enjoy the company of our family and best friends and I definitely have boating fever now!

All the hard work is worth it for these three smiles......




Chase and Bos really ripped at all the water sports this year. Surfing, wake boarding, water skiing, knee boarding....they do it all and do it all well!


Even little Caden tried some tricks of his own!


Chase wake boarding. He had some huge jumps which resulted in some huge crashes. He is so his daddy's child - not afraid of anything!

My little "nightmare" - as everyone on the houseboat nicknamed him. He is such a busy little guy and actually quite a bully (we are working on the latter). He will be excited when he can do more at Lake Powell.

Geoff and Chase LOVE jetskiing!

7 comments:

Shannon said...

I am still totally laughing at that Picture of Beans Standing up on the Surf board! hahaha

I love how fun it is to watch Boston and Chase together, they are seriously so competitive and Push each other just Perfectly!
Sorry i was no fun for you this year! Oh yah and maybe next year too. Haha
~No i will be in full swing by next summer!

Kierstin said...

What a fun trip! The pictures are gorgeous. It sounds like a lot of work, but it definitely sounds like it is worth it. It was so fun seeing you guys on Saturday! xoxo

{jane} said...

how fun! All that work is totally worth seeing those smiles!

Granum Family said...

So fun! We want to go next year! Too bad we live across the freaking country!!! :)

becky said...

as always...it looks like you guys had a blast! i love lake powell...

Anonymous said...

I seriously don't know how you do it. I would be an absolute nervous wreck! But it looks like everyone had a fabulous time, and nobody got snake bit, drowned or lost! All in all, great vacation!

Sara said...

Oh, seriously... so SO cute! I am missing Lake Powell! Your post and Shannon's make me want to hop on a boat and go RIGHT NOW!