Friday, June 13, 2008

The Carnival Money Pit!

We had a crazy busy day today! The day started with a practice swim meet for the kids. Even though it was just in the Riverside pool with just Riverside, poor Caden looked like he was ready to puke! Poor little guy probably has so much pressure on him cause his big brother rips at swimming (MVP both years he has been on swim team). So he was just terrified. But he did great! 2nd in freestyle and 3rd in backstroke. It was interesting for me to see my parenting style with both kids. With Caden, I was just so happy that he actually finished the lap, no matter what his time was and with Chase, I totally got on him because he looked over at his friends in backstroke part way through the lap which cost him a few seconds. He still did great - 1st in freestyle and 2nd in backstroke! I saw how much quicker I was to praise Caden even though Chase deserved it more. I really need to work on that! I think the expectations for that first child are just so high!
Caden (scared to death!), Boston, Chase, Brogan

After the swim meet we got ready to go to the Carnival! It was a money pit! The games are SO expensive. I think Brett and Chase spent close to a combined $20 on the stupid goldfish game. Finally the guy told them they could just buy one for $5. So then all the kids wanted one. I wonder how long ours will survive - they still haven't eaten! The tickets were $1 a piece and the kids just burned through them! Crew LOVED the little Carny rides! Go figure - he cries at half of the rides at Disneyland but can't get enough of a cheap, about ready to fall apart Carny ride! The big boys went on all the big, crazy spinning rides. Brett went on the Gravitron with them (he was sick for several hours afterward) but the kids probably went on it 5 times each! Then I took them on 2 super fast spinning rides which just about did me in. I had to really concentrate not to puke! What happens to us as we get older? I loved all those rides as a kid just as my kids love them now. We also got treats, tatoos, and watched Myla do a couple of dance routines.
The kids at the goldfish game.

You HAVE to get a tatoo at the carnival!

Crew and Caden

Crew, Hayes and Livy

Then we went out to Ruby River for dinner and then came home and played on our zip line, rode around the neighborhood on Bretts new Razor scooter, had a HUGE bonfire and now my children are finally exhausted! I LOVE the summer. Everyday is jam packed but SO much FUN!

6 comments:

becky said...

what a fun, busy day! i need to try out this zip line...sounds like fun.

Granum Family said...

Why aren't we there to play with you!!!??? That carnival is pretty ghetto though, we went with you guys one year :) Such a fun day!

Kierstin said...

Sounds like fun! My kids would have loved it!!

Shannon said...

It was so fun! i am still dying how those boys went on those Crazy rides so MANY times!
Fun Day!

{jane} said...

I was laughing at your money pit, we had the same day at the Carny. but, KJ only spent a dollar at the goldfish game, and WON! He actually threw his 5 balls, won one, walked away to play another game, and someone had to come chase him down to tell him he won! hehe. Sadly, our fish died before we got home. But, Dusty gave it a very funny flushing funeral!

Sara said...

Fun day! Little boy heaven!