Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Scout Camp!

Today was Chase's first experience with Scout Camp. He was excited, I was nervous. I sent him with his group but then Crew and I joined him to check out camp and to get a few pictures of him. We ended up staying for the whole afternoon session (yes, I think I was the only non-leader parent there but Chase was happy to see us!) The camp was set up really cute and really well organized. They even had a trading post where the scouts could buy all sorts of cool stuff and treats. My sweet Chase bought a boy Charlie a pocket knife with some of the money I sent him with. He has fought with Charlie in the past and we had a talk this morning about being nice to him. So I guess he does listen to me! He really does have a sweet heart, even though he is crazy!
Boston, Luke, and Chase

BB Guns

Knot Tying

Archery

Map Reading

Best Friends

Lunch

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Great Pictures Jenn!
Boston loves that place and always comes home with so much crap. I only sent him with $15, but somehow he comes home with a ton of STUFF!

I am glad Chase had a good time, next pack meeting is going to be sweet when they get all these cool awards!

Granum Family said...

I love that you went back to take pictures. The whole day looks so fun!

Anonymous said...

Lord help us all when those crazies get a hold of BB guns! Looks like such a fun day. I am so proud of Chase and the young man he is becoming. What a sweetheart!

{jane} said...

I love it that you went to see him, I would have probably done that with my girls, too! Camp Jeremiah Johnson is the best, I took my Activity Day girls there a couple years ago and we haven't gotten to go since - I think the girls miss out on so much of the really fun things. Great pictures!

Sara said...

Wow! We are about to enter the Scouting World ourselves... so fun to see a preview! :)