Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Till We Meet Again.....

I hate saying goodbye. I especially hate saying goodbye to all the wonderful friends we have made in Utah. SO I choose to say, till we meet again, like we are on an extended vacation. But I wont lie, it was hard to drive away from my empty shell of a house, thinking of all the wonderful experiences/memories made there and all the friends that we are leaving behind.

The week before we left was filled with so many parties and celebrations. I made it through them all with only minimal emotional breakdowns.

Party 1 - School Goodbyes!

We had pizza and treats as the kids hugged and said farewells to all their little buddies. I have LOVED their school and will truely miss it and all the staff and families there.

Party 2 - Trafalga

For kids and adults we played games, ate pizza, rode the coaster simulator, and golfed. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all of our friends. That is what makes leaving Utah the hardest. I just don't see how we will ever have such a fun group of friends again. So everyone just has to come visit us, OK?!







Party 3 - GNO at Janes (my pics won't post - go to Jane or Shannons blog)

Jane is always the best party host and she had everything so special and perfect for one last night of gossip and games. We played scrabble which was a blast! The girls are the BEST! I always cherish the times we get together for Bunco, birthdays, lunch, etc. Miss all of you already! Jane, I am planning on coming home every Halloween just cause you always make it SO fun!

We miss everyone to pieces but the move has been really great for us as a family. Geoff is able to be very productive over here and already has some promissing opportunities. The boys are just loving being outside and going to the beach everyday. I love just being together as a family. The bonus of leaving all your friends behind is that you truely have to rely on and support each other. Our family is strengthened every time we are here. Last Sunday we walked to the beach in the early evening - we played football on the beach, had races up and down the beach, and then watched the sunset. I looked at my boys all just having a blast (Geoff included) in just an absolutely breath-taking senery and thought, it just doesn't get any better than nights like these.

7 comments:

{jane} said...

ohhhh, what a perfect sunday evening on the beach - i got goosebumps reading about your great family time. this will be fabulous for you. but still...

i miss you!

Kierstin said...

I am glad you are loving it, we miss you too...

Shannon said...

Oh i love the quality family time you will have out there, especially for the boys they will always be so close b/c off this.
I love Sunday night football on the beach and races. You are such a fun fabulous mom. I love your guts!!

Granum Family said...

I'm glad you guys are having so much fun. Moving away from all your family and friends is hard even if you are moving to Hawaii! Playing on the beach sounds soooo fun right now. Miss you guys!

Shannon said...

So Coby's best friend moving really hit him today, he sobbed the whole way home from school. "Caden's the best friend I've ever had and I miss him so much", sobb sobb, and don't think I didn't sobb right along with him, it was terrible, we sure miss you guys. Although I am glad to hear how great you are doing! :-)

Shannon said...

Hi Caden, this is Coby. I miss you I whish you were back! I hope your having fun in HAWAII love coby.

Jennifer Napierski said...

I have to second your statement about all the quality family time you having living away. There are so many pros and cons, ups and down to living away from home. But the one that outweighs them all is that almost every second we have together is just us. I hate sharing my family when we visit Utah for the Summer. I look forward to getting back to just a simple family life w/o all the other distractions. It's good to see you are enjoying it in the same way we do. I'm sure you are missed but in the end it's all about you and your family! Good luck to you all.