Monday, June 29, 2009

Crazy Weekend!


Friday started our party weekend with a MUCH anticipated trip to see Elmo! For those of you who don't know, Crew is a BIG Elmo fan. It was so cute to see him during the show. He was dancing, singing, clapping, ...... he just loved the whole show!


On Saturday, Geoff surprised us with tickets to see Cirque Polynesia! We had no idea so I didn't have my camera with me! It was a really cool show - Cirque de Soleil Hawaiian style! But the best part of the show was the preshow when Geoff got called onstage to play the drums. They made him take his shirt off, put on a skirt, chant a bunch of weird sayings, pound his chest with drum sticks, and play the drums! I thought there was no way Geoff would do any of it but he did it all and was very animated! Several people came up to him afterwards and told him how good he was. I was very impressed and totally shocked. 

But Sunday was our most eventful day! We were all set up to enjoy a lazy day on the beach. Geoff was surfing, my mom and I were reading, Crew was building sand castles, and Chase and Caden were skimboarding. Then I heard Caden crying .... no need for alarm as he often cries when he falls or gets in a fight with Chase but then I looked at him and his darling blond hair was rapidly turning red and I knew this time the crying was for good reason! Chase's board had gotten caught up in a wave and came down right on top of Caden's head splitting it wide open!
After much fuss from the staff at the Grand Wailea and emergency beach paramedics we got him cleaned up, calmed down, and took him into the clinic for stitches. A sucker and DS really helped to calm him down. But when it came time for the numbing shots he had a full panic attack and I had to pin him down so we didn't have to go to the hospital to sedate him!
This picture's kinda gross but he wanted me to post it! After he was al done I told him very excitedly that he was now officially a part of the stitches club. He very cleverly reminded me that he had already had stitches. I was confused, searching my crazy mommy brain, trying to remember if I could have forgotten a trip to the ER? He then explained that he had stitches on his privates in the hospital after he was born! (circumcision) Hee-Hee!

7 comments:

{jane} said...

happy birthday crew!!! elmo rocks! what a perfect way to celebrate!

awesome cirque show...LOVE the story of Geoff on stage - who knew he was just a ham!?!?!

and poor caden's head! i totally had a cut like this on my head when i was about his age, and a little blondie! a black-lab bit me, left a tooth in my head, scared me to death in the ER to get shots in my head!!!...and i had red hair for like a week! give him big hugs for me, and i hope it heals quickly!!! i still have a tiny scar where my hair never grew back in...

AND, we got our awesome package from maui - thank you for the yummy yummy candy lei's...the kids were sooo excited! you're sweet!

{{{HUGS}}}

Granum Family said...

1. So happy that Crew finally got to see Elmo!
2. I seriously can't believe that Geoff actually got up on stage, took his shirt off and played the drums! Seriously, how did you not have your camera!!!
3. Poor beans! but I love that he wanted you to post the nasty picture of his head. Hope he's feeling better!

Shannon said...

Oh poor baby! I bet you were just freaking out when you saw the red in his hair!

I cannot believe you did NOT have your camera when geoff was on stage! That is hilarious that he even did that. I would have loved to have seen that!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I guess I am a bit behind in the whole blogging thing! I love all your pictures and stories over the past month. I am totally coming for Maui Film Festival next year! Poor Caden, I hope he is feeling better. And fake waves? Totally the best idea EVER ... no sharks to contend with. I wish I could have been there to see your suit whipped off (hee hee). Kisses!

Kierstin said...

Poor Caden! I am so sorry that happened. I am glad that he is feeling better. I would have loved to see Geoff up there, that is awesome! Miss you!

Lucrecia said...

Whoa, that's crazy! Those numbing shots are a beast! That is definately the worst part of stitches. Poor guy!

Unknown said...

Ouchy Beans! What a tough kid! We miss hanging out with you guys! Hope that you guys are having a great summer!