Monday, April 28, 2008

A Disney Surprise!

Tonight we had "the BEST family night EVER"! Shannon and I set up a surprise treasure hunt for the kids which ended in each one of them getting a personalized treasure box and a letter telling them that we were taking them to Disneyland on Thursday! I didn't get very many pictures because it was total chaos AND I was trying to video tape. Hopefully Shannon did a better job documenting it than I did. Here are a few:

The kids waiting for their first clue. My poor Crew is teething and constantly has his hands in his mouth.

Crew's treasure box. Each child had their own with pirate coins, disney characters and $100 disney dollars to spend on the vacation. I wish I had taken some pictures of the clues that led them to the treasure - they were really cute!

Chase - one of the first to rip into his box AND get his new Indiana Jones shirt on!

Caden was so cute. Chase and Boston had already ripped through their boxes and were slam dunking, screaming "we're going to Disneyland" but my Caden was still a little confused. So I read him the last scroll which read something like:
What a great treasure!
But there are more surprises at hand.
On Thursday we are all going to
DISNEYLAND!

He just looked at me and asked "is this real?" When I answered "YES" he started going crazy too!

The cookie bouquet we had for dessert.

What a great night. We followed the treasure hunt up with Fuddruckers and then back to the Taylors where we played Disney SceneIt. The boys beat the girls by just 1 point! How lucky are we to have our best friends live just a couple of houses away? I love raising our kids together and can't WAIT for this weekend!

5 comments:

Granum Family said...

Your whole night sounds perfect! You guys went all out, I love it!

Shannon said...

I LOVED IT!! That was so much fun, even though our husbands thought it was alot of work to tell the kids! haha

I am still laughing about Caden, it was total Chaos, and i didn't even know he was confused. He is so cute!

Lance and Kara Ford Family said...

I'm so sad we are going to just miss you guys :( Have so much fun. We're just actually back at our hotel room taking a break. Bella LOVES it here! I don't know though I seriously think I love it more. All I want to do is run from ride to ride. I swear I'm still a kid. See you when you get back! PS, such a cute way to tell your kids.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful surprise. I'm so glad at least YOUR kids like Disneyland. I wish mine did! I like the treasure hunt idea and, hello? $100 of Disney dollars each? Can you say spoiled?! I'm sure Chase already knows what he's spending his money on! And, how is it that Shannon is still three doors down? I thought they moved?

{jane} said...

that is so awesome - you and Shannon are the best Moms! I hope you have fun - I really wish I was going, maybe next time!