Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Kapalua

Our first few days in Maui have been incredible! The weather has been perfect and we are having as blast! We bought a one bedroom condo at the Ritz in Kapalua that we rent all the time but we wanted to go check it out. Kapalua is on the complete opposite side of the island where we normally stay. It is much more lush and more natural Hawaii. The Ritz is a beautiful resort. We loved every minute of our vacation on vacation (except for the night - Crew did NOT sleep well!). We feel very fortunate and spoiled!
Resort view from our room.


Geoff and Crew on the top of the grass hill.


The baby pool.


Running down the grass hill - Crew's favorite thing to do


The beach at the Ritz


The Ritz has the huge tropical pine trees that line the beach.


The pool is actually 3 large pools connected by these water falls.


All the food at the resort was great, but this lunch spot was our favorite. It was right on the beach in a grove of palm trees.


A point on the beach. The large "rocks" in the water behind us are actually sea turtles. There were so many of them. Geoff and Chase swam with them for about 20 minutes and Chase swam up and touched one before Geoff could tell him not to. It is illegal to touch sea turtles in Hawaii - they are endangered. Oops!

9 comments:

Granum Family said...

This just got me even more excited to go in August!!! So fun!

Shannon said...

FUN! We will have to go and stay there for a day or so next time. I love that little kid pool too!
I can't believe they went out and swam with Sea Turtles, HOW COOL!!

Shannon said...

p.s I am actually totally getting big, it is just straight out!
Miss you guys...

Sara said...

So so fun! Wish we went to Hawaii as often as you! You live da life! :)

Kierstin said...

Blogging from Hawaii, I am impressed! It looks beautiful!

{jane} said...

Incredible! I love that you are expanding your Hawaii experiences! I belive we all touched the sea turtles on our last trip there, too! whoops. We miss you! Happy 4th of July {tomorrow}...

becky said...

what a fun time already! and what great weather!

love the pictures and the updates...

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you guys are having fun. It must be nicer now that Crew is getting older and can enjoy it more. Love all the pics from the Ritz ... looks awesome! That is so cool about the sea turtles. I totally would have touched one, too, even though I know it's illegal! Oops!

Lucrecia said...

Jen, you do not need to rub it in that you're in Hawaii! I'm just kidding, go ahead! I've never been so I guess I'll just have to blog stalk your photos :)