Friday, March 23, 2007

A Day Off School



I took the boys to Color Me Mine today for their fun day off school. Everything was going well at first. I had just fed Crew a full 8 ounces and he fell asleep on the way there, so I knew he would be out for a while so I could just concentrate on helping the kids. After much deliberation, Boston chose a pencil box, Caden chose a baseball box, and Chase chose a cereal bowl. I got them all set up with their paints and everyone was doing great. Then Chase decided he wanted the Hornets logo on his bowl and needed help with it. He was unimpressed with my first attempt at a hornet so he had the girl that worked there pull up the picture on the internet and print it for him. So I was busy painting a hornet for Chase and not paying very close attention to Caden and Boston. I thought Boston was drying his pencil box because I saw him go over to the drying table, but really he found one of those boxes where you fill out the forms for a drawing and he had filled out like at least 20 forms. He was pretty smart about it too because he lied about his age on all the forms because the prize was a cell phone and he didn't think they would let him win if they knew he was only 7. Sorry Shannon if you get a bunch of calls from telemarketers! Then Caden spilled blue paint all over his sweatshirt and pants! What a mess! We still had a great time. I can't wait to pick up their projects on Tuesday! A fun day but I am exhausted. I am ready for a nap but Crew is just starting to wake up from his. Oh well!

3 comments:

Granum Family said...

You're brave to take 4 boys to Color Me Mine :) Sounds fun and exhausting!!! I'm impressed with how often you blog... good job!

Shannon said...

I am LAUGHING so hard right now I am seriously Crying!!!! I am so sorry that you attempted color me mine with "4" Boys!
They are Hilarious! I am just glad to see that you may understand now what I go through on a Daily Basis! :)

Kierstin said...

You are a BRAVE woman!! At least it made for a funny post on your wonderful new blog right :-) Sounds like a day in the life with Lauren...maybe I should start a blog. I am sure some random blog surfer would find it and then find me and ask if he could use me and Lolo for the basis of his new sitcom!! I am sure we could get you and the boys many guest appearances :-) Very cute pictures by the way!! Chase's hair looks so cute!!