Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Goodbye, Peanut


Our dear, sweet Peanut died yesterday. We will miss him SO much! He was the best bird EVER! Here are some of the things we will miss the most about Peanut.

His sweet kisses on our neck and cheeks.

Him chasing the boys down the hallway.

Taking him in the yard and watching him fly all over (that is until he would get stuck in one of the high trees and take about 1/2 hour to work up his nerve to fly back down to us)!

His whistles every time we were in the garage (He would totally go through all the whistles he knew in hopes that we would think he was just precious and take him out of his cage).

Him jumping on Caden's bowl of Fruity Pebbles and flipping the entire bowl over onto himself!

Him falling into Chase's bowl of cereal and getting himself covered in milk!

Him freaking Kelli out every time he flew by her (you have never seen 6 feet hit the floor so fast!)

Most of all, we will miss his sweet personality and all the love he brought to our family. He truly was one of a kind!

9 comments:

Kierstin said...

I am SO sorry!! He really is a beautiful bird and an amazing pet and part of your family. How are the boys doing? I can't imagine how hard it must be for them, for all of you. He really was a sweetheart! ((HUGS))

Granum Family said...

Oh poor peanut! Bryan and I totally remember the day we found Peanut with you guys at Magleby's. He really is precious and so sweet even though I was scared to death of him! Sorry!

Anonymous said...

So sorry about Peanut. I don't know much about birds, but he seemed very social and very friendly. I didn't know birds could bond with people like that. Peanut was a very special part of your family and always brought a smile to my face. Kisses and hugs to all of you during this hard time. I love you.

Shannon said...

Awwwww Such a sweet Eulogy(sp?)!
He was such a cute and sweet and unusual bird, who loved you guys to death! (literaly hehe)
Sorry that was bad, but i had to do it!
Love you guys!!

Shannon said...

I know!!! Sorry, i do love Peanut though, just so everyone knows!;)

Lance and Kara Ford Family said...

I'm going to cry even though I was scared of that thing. He sounded so sweet. I hope your boys are doing ok.

{jane} said...

I am SO sorry, my heart is sad. We bird-sat Peanut, and even after a rough start at it we loved him! I hope you are all recovering...I think you should replace him with a new pet.

becky said...

i remember too when you found him and the drive home in the car! poor, poor peanut! cute tribute, jenn.

McCall said...

oh boy!! He enjoyed my head and i did not like it! But he was funny!!! how sad now u have to get a new one! well no bird will be like peanut but thats ok!!! Sorry boys!!!