Sunday, October 7, 2007

We Thank Thee For A Prophet!

Yet another wonderful conference this weekend. All the talks were great but my favorites came from Monson (yesterday morning) and President Hinkley today. How lucky are we to live in the fullness of times - when we can relax in our beautiful homes and listen to the words of our phrophet and other leaders in the Church? I am so grateful to be a part of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! Most of the talks seemed to be about very simple, basic truths. Geoff thought that maybe that was due to Romney and all the interest he has brought to the Church. Hopefully a lot of curious people were watching and learned about our religion. The kids tried to be good and listen to conference but it is still hard for them to focus. They were in the kitchen coloring and during President Hinkley's talk Chase asked "mom, is Jesus coming again?" I did not think he had really been paying attention but obviously he was cause I was thinking the exact same thing! Who knows when that time will be, but He will come again! Also, I loved how President Hinkleys talk centered around his testimony of Joseph Smith. I couldn't agree with him more. I would exhort all my friends and family members to STUDY the short life of Joseph Smith. It is remarkable and will be such a testimony builder for all those who do. The only explanation for all the miracles, events, visions, translating of the Book of Mormon, his many prophesies at a very young age, everything in his life is that THE CHURCH IS TRUE!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

You are so AMAZING!! I love How you know so much about Joseph Smith. I loved Pres. Monson's talk too and Sister Beck's on Being a Mother! I felt this EXTREME happiness all day for just being blessed to be a mother! We are all so lucky to have this knowledge and our children too!
The Gospel is So AWESOME!! It makes you just want to yell to everyone " THE CHURCH IS TRUE"!

Granum Family said...

You really do know so much about Joseph Smith. I need to follow your example and study more! I love President Hinckley!

Kierstin said...

Conference is the most special time...it is so amazing! I love President Hinckley so much, what an amazing man!