Saturday, October 27, 2007

Haunted Forest!

OK - I feel a bit guilty about this, but it was really fun! Chase wanted to go to the Haunted Forest SO bad. We warned him over and over again that it was really scary, but he insisted on going. So we got a babysitter for Caden and Crew and we took him, along with Cory, Shannon, and Boston. He was a little freaked out but was doing ok UNTIL we actually walked into the forest and the first scary guy popped out at us. He had an absolute panic attack! He was crying, yelling, etc. He was so worked up that he actually puked - twice! I didn't know what to do with him but finally he calmed down and came through - hiding behind me the ENTIRE time. It REALLY scared him. Needless to say, I had all three boys in bed with me last night - we kicked daddy out to the guest bedroom. But guess where Chase wants to go tonight? That's right! The Haunted Forest! He wants to bring Caden and the Mortons. He is so funny! I think we will forgo the Haunted Forest for a few years!


This was the pumpkin smash! You had to hit the small metal pumpkin and then the hammer would come down and SMASH a pumpkin. To my surprise, both Chase and Boston nailed the target and smashed their pumpkins!


Notice that Chase is missing from the picture! He would NOT leave me for a second!

8 comments:

Kierstin said...

Oh no Jenn! I can't believe he got that scared...poor thing! You and Geoff must have been shocked...I know you said he was so excited about it! I don't think we'll be taking Kate anytime soon.

Shannon said...

you forgot to say the Best part!
When you and Geoff told him to wait in the car...While you two took off running! hehehe
Geoff egg'ed it on even worse, with his Teasing and scaring Chase along the way!
NOW they BOTH just love it and they think it is so cool that they went!
IT is seriously AWESOME, if you haven't gone...GO!

{jane} said...

I can't belive he got so worked up that he threw up (x2!) It seems like something that would be right up his alley. I think our family has a few years before we'll be seen in the haunted forest.

Stacy Stoddard said...

That is really funny. Good thing Neal and I didn't go with you, Neal would have helped fuel that scare and I would have been hiding behind you as well.

becky said...

oh my goodness! that is one of the best stories i've heard in a long time...I haven't been to one in so long!

hey, got your VM...you doing story time this week? we could do lunch too again.

Granum Family said...

K. I'm laughing but that is really sad! I'm sure Geoff was just teasing him even more to make it worse. Poor Chase!

Anonymous said...

Poor Chase. I HATE to be scared, too! I can't believe he wanted to go back ... I'm sure to scare Caden. Tell him to take Grandma Gayle and watch her pee her pants!

Daphne said...

So funny! My kids won't be going anytime soon 'cause I get so scared I want to puke! I'm dead serious (no pun intended) when I say my heart stops when I hear the chainsaw.