Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My Sweet Caden!

My Caden was the sweetest, easiest baby in the world.....
He was the most angelic looking and acting toddler......

Recently he has been, hum, how can I put this kindly........
crazy
with attitude!

But yesterday he reminded me of the Caden of old. He had a hole in his tooth from a filling that had popped out. I took him to the dentist but the dentist was behind schedule (surprise, surprise). I was a little stressed because I thought we were going to be late to pick up Chase from scouts. He told the dentist not to numb him or give him gas. The dentist looked at me kind of shocked and I told him it was ok to try it and see how he would handle it. The sweet thing stayed there so still for 15 minutes and didn't complain or shed even one tear. When we got in the car he asked if we could go home and get his wallet and go to the mall. I said sure, thinking he wanted to reward himself with a little toy. But he surprised me when he said he wanted to get Chase these football shoes he has been wanting and surprise him with the present by the time he got home from scouts.
That child has a heart as pure as gold! That made up for all (well, most) of the things he does that drive me crazy! Love him dearly .... so glad he's mine!

7 comments:

becky said...

are you kidding me??!!! that is the sweetest thing! i just love that last picture and i can only imagine how you felt as a mother at that point. it's all worth it!

Lucrecia said...

Wow! I love this story. That is definately brotherly love. So sweet!

Granum Family said...

That is the cutest Caden story ever!!! All your boys are so sweet... yes, even Geoff :) I love that picture of Caden from our wedding.

{jane} said...

seriously? That is the cutest! How in the world did he get his tooth fixed without any anisthetics?!? Then so so cute that he wants to buy him new football shoes - that is some true brotherly LOVE!

Shannon said...

Caden has always been a sweetie! He is one of those kids that doesn't want anything, unlike Chase! haha

What a Stud Brother he is for buying chase his sweet Gold Shoes, which are great for Indoor Soccer too!

Kierstin said...

What a sweetheart. So tough at the dentist and the softest heart ever...he is so precious! What did Chase think about the gift Caden gave him?

Shannon said...

I am so with you, why can't everyone see that deep down our boys really have the biggest hearts ever?! They mean well, right? I love little Caders,with those dimples he can do whatever he wants and get away with it! What a stud lil bro!! (I love that is such a little tuffy at the dentist, wow!)