Tuesday, October 28, 2008

This year we tried to go country for our pumpkin picking. We went to a farm and took a tractor ride out the the pumpkin fields. It was sort of cute and had it been a few weeks ago it may have been really cute. But with all the gorgeous weather we have been having this month we were pretty much scavengering through a field full of rotten pumpkins with just a few left for the picking.


Seriously, these were the best of the bunch. Pretty slim pickings!

It was pretty!

And here are the finished products!
Frankenstein - Crew
Skeleton - Caden
Dracula - Chase




I am SO glad pumpking carving day is done! What a disaster!

7 comments:

Shannon said...

Such cute pumpkins!! I love to do it with the Kids but NOT at Home. That is why we have the kits where they are like Mr. Potato head! haha
Makes it alot easier!!

{jane} said...

oh my gosh, i love these! how adorable are the pumpkin bodies! my kids would die over these, must know where you found them!

bummer on the country-style-pumpkin hunt, better luck next year! It still looks and sounds like it was fun!

jt said...

Disaster to you=best day ever to the kids. A for effort! They turned out great!

Granum Family said...

You guys are so not country!!! :) The pumpkins turned out so cute though...love the bodies you put them on. Oh and Caden looks so different with his missing tooth!

Idaho Penningtons said...

I can not believe how big your kids are getting! They are so cute! You know I have a daughter about the right age - we could start an arranged marriage!!!! hehehehe

Kierstin said...

I love those pumpkins!! CUTE pics of everyone too!! Fun that you went "country" :-)

Lucrecia said...

I love your pumpkin stands! Where did you get those?? I'm not the best with carving pumpkins because I don't love the mess:|