Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My Little Smarty Pants

This morning I had a BIG surprise as I was getting the boys ready for school; I had made a mistake on the date of Chase's state report. I thought is was tomorrow, but it was actually today! Luckily we had finished his poster last night but we had not yet written or practiced his speech. We hurried up to the computer during breakfast and wrote some things down. We didn't have time to practice or for me to even prepare him on how he should present his poster to the class. I was so impressed when I went to his school this afternoon and he just took over for his presentation. He was a little nervous at first and then just started talking and talking about everything he knew about Pennsylvania, highlighting all 15 required items! He was so mature in his manner of speech - example "Here is a copy of the Declaration of Independence which was written and signed in Independence Hall. The date is at the top. Can anyone guess the date without looking?" We didn't discuss any of that. He just did a great job of teaching the things he knew and even tried to involve his classmates and encourage participation. Another example - "Raise your hands if you have ever seen the movie National Treasure. Did you know that the glasses in the movie were an invention of Benjamin Franklin? He was a great inventor and one of the founding fathers of America who helped write the Declaration of Independence." So his 3-5 minute presentation turned into a 15-20 minute one. I was very proud of him. He LOVES to learn and really retains information that he finds interesting. Now spelling? That's an entirely different story!
Pennsylvania Treats - Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches and Hershey Bars

6 comments:

Kierstin said...

Wow Chase!! That is awesome! You are a major smarty pants...your poster looks great. Way to go buddy-we love you!

{jane} said...

STUD! I love his quotes you mentioned, and I can just see him up in front of everyone doing so well. Way to go Chasers - and - nice haircut!

Shannon said...

So cute! He really loves to present his stuff!
He is such a little smarty, i love how when he learns something, he asks soooo many questions that you have to stop and ask yourself the same one!
Good Job Chase, and yummy snacks from Pennsylvania!

Lance and Kara Ford Family said...

I just wish I was there to see his presentation. I can only imagine how well he did. Jenn do you think you might have overdone the Pennsylvania treats??? ;) I want a philly cheese steak sandwich

Granum Family said...

Good job Chasers! Wish we could have been there to see him. I love how proud he looks of his poster and treats in the pictures. Too cute!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic job, Chase! You are so totally smart! I'm glad you told us what he was holding because at first it looked like he was flipping someone off! I LOVE HIS HAIR SHORT!!!!! He looks so grown up (which is why you probably hate it).