Friday, January 4, 2008

Welcome Home, Elder Granum!




After a long 2 years, Brett is finally home from the Houston south, Texas Spanish Speaking mission. Geoff's mom, Kay, started crying as soon as she got in the car to go get him. We were at the airport an hour early, just to be safe, so as you can imagine, all the kids were getting restless by the time he arrived. Then we spotted him at the top of the escalaor coming down. Kay was so excited she couldn't even wait for him to get off the escalator. She ran up the stairs and started hugging him over the escalator bar. It was really cute. She spent the next 15 minutes or so just holding and crying (he is the baby of her family)! It was so sweet to watch and made me think of the day when I would have to send my boys off on their missions and the pure joy I will have upon their safe return. Well done, Brett! We are so proud of you and SO glad to have you home!

7 comments:

Shannon said...

WELCOME HOME BRETT!
I can totally picture Kay doing that to him on the Escalator....Makes me cry!

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome! I am happy for all of you ... I know the kids have been waiting and waiting for him to come home. You totally made me cry talking about Kay. I can't even imagine what moms go through sending their babies off on missions. What an awesome sacrifice to further the Lord's work.

{jane} said...

That is so sweet, my eyes got glossy just reading it!

I love the picture of your kids holding the sign!

becky said...

whoohoo! so happy that you guys are back and what a sweet moment for kay and brett...

love all these pics...don't leave again (wink, wink) i miss the posts.

Kierstin said...

SO happy he is home, he is so sweet-I missed him so much! That was an awesome way to start the New Year!

Granum Family said...

Woohoo he's home! It was so fun to see him!

Lacey Bean said...

Brett is darling. That is so fun he finally made it home, and how fun that he is going to live right by me.