Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Snow Day!

Most calls at 7:00 am are not good. Most calls from Chase's teacher are not good. However, this mornings wake-up call from Mrs Brady was very exciting - school had been cancelled due to all the snow! My boys all slept in until almost 10:00! Then they got to order whatever they wanted for breakfast - Dutch Babies for Chase and Crepes for Caden (of course they couldn't decide on just one)! Then we got all bundled up and went sledding at the park - we picked Brogan up on the way! It was a blast - a perfect day. We went to Shannon's afterwards for Hot Chocolate. Then home for basketball and games, dinner at Tepanyakis with daddy, and then Geoff and Cory took the kids snowmobiling around the neighborhood tonight. It is so much fun to have a free day off when you are not expecting it. Sure none of the things I was planning on doing today got accomplished but that's how good memories are made. The errands can wait for another day.









12 comments:

Kierstin said...

Love the pictures and sounds like an awesome day! We have NEVER had a snow day and I can't believe you got that much snow...we just had flurries-crazy!!

Granum Family said...

I can't believe all that snow!!! So fun that you got to have a free day with your boys when you weren't expecting it! Looks so fun!

Granum Family said...

Oh and I love the pic of you and Crew....sooo cute!

jt said...

Love the pics Jenn! Especially the blue sky ones!

You are a good Mom!I'm sure they had a great day.

Shannon said...

You should have posted the Picture of your Killer T shirt! hehe
Fun, day, lots of excitement for sure on that day!
Loves...

Anonymous said...

Okay, why didn't anyone invite us?! Looks like tons of fun. What an awesome day, lucky ducks!

Anonymous said...

Oh ... and I want to know about the tee-shirt thing!

Lance and Kara Ford Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lance and Kara Ford Family said...

Jenn I love how you always make the most out of everything. What a fun day for your boys and I'm sure for you too. I totally know what you're saying when you get a free day off and you aren't expecting it. It's the best! Lucky kids you have. You're the coolest mom ever. Hopefully I'll be like that with my kids. I'm taking notes :)

Lacey Bean said...

Your kids are so freakin cute. That looks like so much fun. I love the snow! You do the cutest things with your kids. I love it.

PMClan said...

Where in utah is this? It looks like a really good hill. I'm jane taylors sis in law.

Jenn Granum said...

p&m - this is at Rock Canyon park right up by the Provo Temple. It is SO much fun. Just north/east of the Temple if you're going. People have been killed here though so ALWAYS sled into the huge bowl, NOT on the outside through all the trees!