Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Best of the Rest

I could really blog so much about Hawaii but here is what I call the "best of the rest" of our trip.

The Beach

The beach is our favorite part of Hawaii. I mean, isn't that an obvious statement? The kids LOVE skimboarding, boogie boarding, body surfing, surfing, digging holes, searching tide pools, snorkling, playing football, etc. This trip we tried kayaking and paddleboarding. Both were really fun! I can see how paddle boarding will be great exercise if we do it often. You do it on a long, wide surf board and you just stand and paddle. If you get really good, you can learn to paddle into the waves and surf. We'll work on that and I'll give you an update in a few months.

Me and Chase in the Kayak, Geoff on the Paddle Board



They love to be buried

Twin Falls

We also love taking hike to waterfalls and exploring the island. One of our favorite waterfalls is twin falls. At the bottom, there is a small pool with about a 15 foot jump and a rope swing. I'm always a little nervous just to jump but my crazy kids are fearless. Chase DOVE off the waterfall (I nearly had a heart attack but then made him do it again so I could get a picture) and Caden did a front flip. Even the locals were impressed with them.




The Pool

The pool at our condo is my favorite. It is gorgeous, clean, and never crowded. The kids love all the waterslides at the Grand Wailea, but these pictures are from our pool.



Chase wanted to do this ALL the time. He loved showing off how strong he is!


The Skatepark

I'm so sad cause most of my pictures of the skatepark either didn't turn out or wouldn't post. It is a pretty cool skatepark, right on the beach. We walked across the street after for the BIGGEST and best shaved ice I've ever had on the island. The perfect treat after a session of skating!
Caden was absolutely fearless and actually was the first to drop into the halfpipe (of course that picture wouldn't post). They both had a couple of really good falls, made a few local friends, and had a great time. Not MY favorite activity there but fun for the boys!

6 comments:

Granum Family said...

Less than a month and we get to be there with you guys, I seriously can't wait! I can't believe Chase dove off at twin falls, I would have been freaking out. So fun!

Shannon said...

It makes me want to go so bad now! I love that you went Paddle boarding. looks like a blast!
The skate Park was still in construction when we were there in April, that is so cool that they have that now too!

now i am starting to crave "Maui Tacos" Mmmmm.... and the Shaved ice sounds yummy!

Shannon said...

Way to go Chase and Caden on the sweet Tricks at Twin Falls, That place looks amazing! I would love to see that!

{jane} said...

You would almost think you would need a vacation after being in Hawaii. It's non-stop physical work! hehe. I want to try paddle-boarding, looks fun & i love the picture of you on Chase's shoulders, that's awesome! AND, the picture of Chase diving is awesome - way to go Chasers! And, in your little family picture, Jenn, check out your arm muscles/tone - way to go girl!

Kierstin said...

Love all the pics! Definitely your home away from home...it is awesome you are able to go so often!

Lucrecia said...

So many fun pictures! The water in your kayaking pic is insanely gorgeous! I love the one of you on Chase's shoulders. Boys are so funny! Oh and you look like a buff hot mama in that picture of your fam on the rocks.