Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!

Today I took my boys to the zoo. It was SO much fun! The zoo was clean and not overly crowded. The best part was watching Crew literally RUN with excitement from animal to animal!
The Albino Alligator is new. There are only 10 in the world!


Crew was so cute! When he saw the elephants he just looked at them for a while and then turned to me and said "Dumbo!"

Who doesn't want a little monkey for a pet?

I love meerkats! One of my favorite shows is Meerkat Manor on Animal Planet! (no joke!)

The gorilla came right up to Caden and sat back to back with him. I was able to snap a quick picture before all the kids crowded in to see.

Almost Chase! Boy my baby is sure getting big!


They have a new carousel at the zoo. There were so many cute animals to choose from!



The bird show was pretty cool. They all fly right overhead!

Of course we had to find a place to rock out!

We ended the day with a train ride. Crew was exhausted and hot by then but we still had a great day!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

looks like so much fun! i love that Crew thought of DUMBO. how cute!!

I am glad i missed that Bird show...No fun to have a ton of birds flying over your head and then Crapping everywhere! haha
Oh and last time we were there the Gorilla Was eating his pooh right in front of us...Not a good memory of him sorry! ;)

Anonymous said...

Okay ... so I finally got caught up on your blogs. Wow! You are one busy Sista! I can't believe you have time to blog about all this! Looks like such a fun day at the zoo, and I love your book club for kids idea. Who has the treehouse? That Turkish tea set is devine! But, it looks like the kids are taking shots (is that when you blog, when the kids are passed out?!). I can't believe how big Crew is getting and how much his little face is maturing. Guess it's time for another one? Oh wait, you probably don't even have time for sex! Loves and Kisses to you and my boys! We are off to a pool party, but I will post pics of Boston tonight!

{jane} said...

What a fun day at the zoo, and fantastic pictures! Our favorite at the zoo is the white alligator, too. He is awesome. I love the picture of Caden leaning again the glass with the ape right on the other side! I didn't know the zoo had a new carousel, very fun!