Saturday, July 26, 2008

This is THE Place!

To celebrate Pioneer Day weekend, we took the kids to This Is The Place for education and fun! It was SO hot but we had the best time. It was much cuter than I was anticipating. It is pretty much 40 acres of dirt roads, wooden paths, original log cabins and homes of the pioneers, main street with a bank, store, hotel, shops, schoolhouse, and tons of activities. I highly recommend this place!
Brigham Youngs Farmhouse

One of the main streets

A small house with one bed for 7 children!

Chase and Boston doing the laundry


Caden in the Watermelon Eating contest

Crew with his watermelon

The boys in the schoolhouse.

The kids village had about 8 cool playhouses.

The boys with their Deseret Dollars - the original currency in Utah

All the kids eating Farr Ice Cream - doing business in Utah since 1890!

Hayes and Crew - double trouble - at least they are finally friends!

Caden with the sheep

Chase wanted to bring this guy home with us

All the kids loved the petting zoo!

The pony ride was a favorite for my boys...
Especially Crew!


A ride in a covered wagon.

The miniature train ride

The night before, we did fireworks with the Rhodes. We had some pretty fun ones this year.

The parachute one was their favorite. It launched off about 30 parachute and the kids got to try to catch them.

Crew tollerated the fireworks.

Kiana creative with her sparkler.

Smoke Bombs


The Finale

4 comments:

becky said...

what a fun idea! i definitely want to go there...

so fun to hear from you today, seriously! i hardly see you anymore...boo.

{jane} said...

That was the PERFECT activity for pioneer day weekend... too bad we had dance auditions, maybe I'll get my kids there next year, I haven't taken them yet.

I love Chase in his pimp hat, doing laundry, hanging out pioneer style! cute pictures.

thanks for the invite to do fireworks together, we had lots of fun!

Again, you are mama HOTTIE, good work girl! I'm so proud of you.

Geoff, GET WELL SOON - we love you!

Shannon said...

I loved it! That was a perfect thing to do with the kids on the Holiday weekend! I actually learned quite a bit too!

Shannon said...

P.S. I totally agree with Jane you are looking SOOOO GOOD! I am so proud of you, it is a lot of work, but now look at the Reward! WOO HOO!!